Top 15 Best Seiko Watches for Men | Men's Seiko Watches on Amazon
Top 15 Best Seiko Watches for Men
Out of love for Seiko, we have put together this list of Top 15 Best Seiko Watches for Men that will surely make you want to own a Seiko watch. From regular quartz and automatic movements up to the honorable mention of Grand Seiko, you will find a list of 15 great Seiko men's watches.
VintageRadar is an online vintage & antique store with thousands of vintage watches from hundreds of brands including Seiko. If you are interested in buying a vintage Seiko timepiece make sure to check out our Vintage Seiko Watch collection here.
The history of Seiko began in 1881 with a 22-year-old entrepreneur named Kintaro Hattori who opened a shop for selling and repairing watches and clocks in Tokyo. Almost 140 years later we find a brand that is regarded by many as one of the biggest watch manufacturers in history.
In 1892 Seikosha was founded. In Japanese, "Seiko" means "exquisite", "minute" or "success" and "sha" means house. Laurel was the first wristwatch made in Japan. The first Seiko brand watch was produced in 1924 just after their factory burned down.
The history of Seiko is filled with innovations in the watch industry which made them more and more respected along the way. In 1960 the brand launched the Grand Seiko, a signature piece that represents the pinnacle of Seiko's excellence. This watch up to this date is a competitor of all major watch brands such as Rolex, providing the best market accuracy for a mechanical watch.
In 2009 Seiko introduced the hi-beat caliber in Grand Seiko with 36 000 beats at ten times a second. The Grand Seiko's 10 beat movement delivers an accuracy of +5 to -3 seconds a day.
In 2017 Grand Seiko became an independent brand from Seiko. The watchmakers at Grand Seiko have always produced different designs from regular Seiko watches but the company decided to take this a step further and make them compete against each other, thus rising their own standards even higher.
Grand Seiko Hi-Beat Mechanical (Automatic) Silver Dial Mens Watch SBGJ011
No Grand Seiko watch has been included in this top 15 Seiko watches for men since we consider it deserves a separate article and cannot be compared to anything else from this list. If you have the money to invest in a longlasting timepiece, a Grand Seiko will most likely hold and rise in value over the years, besides being a work of art.
1. Seiko Men's SKX009K2 Diver's Analog Automatic Stainless Steel Watch
Of course, the Seiko SKX009K2 Diver Automatic not only made the list but is also ranked first, due to the Pepsi dial. There are several Seiko watch models with Pepsi dials but we have decided to rank it first since at some point each Seiko watch collector or enthusiast will look at this dial and say: I want one!
There is a lot to love about this watch such as the stainless steel case and watchband, the automatic watch movement, Pepsi dial and the fact that it is a 200m diver's water-resistant watch.
With over 800 reviews on Amazon, it is no wonder the Seiko Men's SKX009K2 Diver's Analog Automatic Stainless Steel Watch is a best-seller!
- 42 mm stainless steel case
- Japanese automatic movement
- Water-resistant to 200 m (660 ft)
- Blue dial with day/date window and luminous hands/indices
2. Seiko Men's SNA411 Flight Alarm Chronograph Watch
The Seiko SNA411 Flight Alarm Chronograph Watch finds itself on our 2nd spot because it is a quartz chronograph watch that looks amazing and also has an alarm function. Seiko watch fans will surely love an automatic watch but in the long-term many people prefer a quartz movement that will need no maintenance.
The Seiko SNA411 Chrono has a 42 mm steel case with a water-resistance of 200m just like the Pepsi SKX009K2. You get more functions on this quartz movement such as chronograph function, date window, alarm subdial, 60 seconds and 60 minutes subdials.
- 42 mm stainless steel case
- Japanese quartz chronograph movement
- Water-resistant to 200 m (660 ft)
- The alarm is a 12-hour basis.
- 3 sub-dials for the alarm second hand and 60-minute hand.
3. Seiko SNKP27 Men's Recraft Stainless Steel Leather Strap Watch
The Seiko SNKP27 Recraft is a great Japanese watch under $150. With a little under 40 mm ( 39.5mm case), this green square automatic Seiko watch is something spectacular. This type of Seiko might be missing from the collection of many Seiko watch collectors due to the square case compared to the classical round one. However, the feedback for this watch has been incredible and there are a lot of online watch reviews that vouch for this model.
The 7S26C caliber movement from Seiko can go for decades without the need of servicing, some Seiko collectors being disappointed the movement has been used for the Recfraft model. So if you are seeking for a medium-sized automatic Japanese watch under $150, this might be among the best choices out there!
- 39.5 mm stainless steel case
- Japanese Automatic-self-wind Movement
- Water-resistant to 50m
- Power reserve: approximately 41 hours
4. SEIKO Watch PRESAGE Mechanical self-Winding (with Manual Winding) SARY057 Men
The SARY057 Seiko Presage watch with a Mechanical self-Winding movement is a classic that can be a part of anyone's collection. This minimalist looking watch has a black dial with silver-tone stainless steel case, bezel, numerals, watch crown and watch hands. This is a great blend of black and silver with incredible attention to detail which resulted in a beautiful and classic looking timepiece.
The power reverse is around 2 days (41 hours) and you get 24 jewels automatic movement which also features hacking and winding.
- Seiko 4r36 Automatic Movement – hackable/windable
- Scratch-resistant hardlex
- 41 x 11.4 mm stainless steel case
- Stainless steel bracelet with fold-over clasp/safety
- 100m / 330ft water resistance
- Day/Date window at 3 o’clock (also black)
- Recessed crown at 4 o’clock
5. Seiko Men's Prospex Stainless Steel Automatic-self-Wind Watch with Silicone Strap, Black, 21 (Model: SRPC44)
The Seiko Men's Prospex Stainless Steel Automatic-self-Wind Watch is a great choice for a big automatic diver's watch featuring a gold-tone case with black bezel and dial. The silicone strap and 200m water-resistance have ensured great feedback from Seiko's watch buyers. If it's summer and you like going to the beach, gym and formal meetings this might be the sole watch you need. It is great for all occasions and you also get a watch date function.
The LumiBrite hands and markers will make this watch glow beautifully in the dark or underwater. The SRPC44 is another great diver's watch for men by Seiko.
- LumiBrite hands and markers
- 41-hour power reserve
- Automatic-self-wind Movement
- Case Diameter: 45mm
- Diver’s 200m (660ft)
6. Seiko SUN065 Special Edition Padi Kinetic GMT Diver Watch by Seiko Watches
We have reached maybe the most expensive Seiko watch from our list which is the Seiko SUN065 Special Edition Padi Kinetic GMT Diver Watch. With a price tag of around $750, the Seiko SUN065 is a 48mm wide and 15mm thick solid stainless steel marvel with a beautifully implemented blue color on the dial and bezel. The Seiko SUN065 is powered by the Japanese 5M85 kinetic GMT movement and features a power reserve indicator, GMT indicator, 6-month power reserve and date display functions, scratch resistant anti-reflective coating sapphire crystal and water-resistant to 200 meters.
It is very little or none that can be said against this watch besides the large 48mm dial size which will not fit or appeal to everybody.
- GMT 48mm watch
- 48mm wide and 15mm thick solid stainless steel case
- Kinetic GMT movement
- Water-resistant to 200 meters
7. Seiko Men's Excelsior Black Ion Finish Solar SSC139 Chronograph Watch
From automatic, quartz and kinetic watch movements, we have reached a solar chronograph watch from Seiko. The Seiko SSC139 Chronograph watch is something different from the rest of our list from more points of view. Everything including the design and colors is completely different. When the chronograph reaches 60 minutes the stopwatch automatically stops counting.
The solar movement is powered by all types of light. The water-resistance is good up to 100m so it is suitable for swimming and snorkeling but not for scuba diving.
- 43 millimeters stainless steel case
- Alarm settings, screw-back case
- A solar movement powered by all types of light
- Clasp with double push-button safety closure
8. Seiko Men's SNE102 Stainless Steel Solar Watch with Brown Leather Strap
The Seiko SNE102 Solar watch reminds most of us of vintage Seiko watches in a two-tone case. The blue simple dial and brown leather strap bring back that old and classic Seiko look. At 39mm this is the smallest Seiko watch for men so far from our top 15 Seiko watches for men. There is no secret that men's wrists range from 30mm up to 50mm so if you prefer the smaller classical watches this is the perfect choice for you.
f you are interested in buying a vintage Seiko watch make sure to check out our Vintage Seiko Watch collection here.
- 39 mm stainless steel case
- Two-tone case and dark blue dial
- Croco-embossed leather band with buckle closure
- Water-resistant to 100 m (330 ft)
9. Seiko Men's Brown Leather Strap Solar Dress SUP896 Watch
If you thought the previous watch was small then the SUP896 Seiko Dress watch is not for you as it features a 28.1mm case. This reminds us of classic Cartier watches and there is a big market for them. This is for men and women that love a classical square watch on their wrist. This is a great example of a unisex Seiko watch from our list.
The gold-tone case and dial give it a great elegant look and will make a great dress watch for you. All those business meetings will look better with this watch on your wrist.
- 28.1 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Solar-powered square watch
- Water-resistant to 50 m
- Croc-textured calfskin band with buckle closure
10. Seiko Men's RECRAFT Series Stainless Steel Japanese-Quartz Watch with Nylon Strap, Black, 21.65 (Model: SSC667)
The Seiko SSC667 Recraft Series watch is a beautiful Solar Chrono watch that looks great with both a nato strap or a classical one. This is a Seiko watch that will remind you of the 80s and 90s racer's watches. The Japanese quartz movement is found inside a big 43.5mm watch case which features a light blue dial with 3 subdials and date function.
The water-resistance will go up to 100m so this is not the best choice for a diver's watch. We suggest you try this watch with the nato watch strap as it gives it a different look.
- Case Diameter: 43.5mm
- Water-resistant to 100m
- 6 Month Power Reserve Once Fully Charged
- 24 Hour Indicator
11. Seiko Men's SSC017 Prospex Analog Japanese Quartz Solar Stainless Steel Dive Watch
Yes, the SSC017 Prospex Analog Solar Diver watch made our top 15 Seiko watches for men. At 43mm case this Prospex Seiko watch has a beautiful dial that goes beyond elegance. This is a big men's chronograph watch with 3 subdials which is water-resistant up to 200m which means it is a great diver's watch.
This watch might remind you of Rolex Submariners but there are a lot of differences that show Seiko's personality.
- 43 mm stainless steel case
- Fold-over clasp and double-push-button safety
- Recharge by light satisfactory
- Water-resistant to 200 m
12. Seiko Men's SRPA21 Prospex X Padi Analog Hand and automatic
Once again, we are featuring a Pepsi Dial Seiko watch with a PADI automatic movement and 200m diving water-resistance. As mentioned before if you are a Seiko watch lover then you have wished for this watch at least once in your life.
The watch features a Cal. 4R36 with 24 Jewels Movement, a date function plus the Lumibrite hands and markets with anti-reflective coating.
- Hand and automatic winding capabilities
- Cal. 4R36 Movement, 24 Jewels
- Diver's Watch to 200 meters (660 feet)
- Power reserve: approximately 41 hours
13. Seiko PADI Special Edition Prospex Solar Dive Watch with Black Silicone Strap 200 m SNE499
We are offering another alternative to Pepsi diver's watches with this Seiko PADI Special Edition Prospex SNE499. You are looking at a very big 47mm dial case which will make everybody looking at it. You get a premium mineral crystal, date display and lubricate hands and marks.
- Case Size: 47mm Diameter, 12 mm Thickness
- Water Resistant - 200 M (Meets ISO Standards and Suitable for Scuba Diving)
- Stainless Steel Case and Band, Polyurethane Black Band
- Hardlex Mineral Crystal
14. SEIKO PROSPEX Men's Watch Diver Mechanical self-winding (with manual winding) Waterproof 200m Hard Rex SBDC033
Classic, perfect for diving and a business meeting, beautiful dial and bezel are just a few words that describe this watch. Another 200m water-resistant diver's watch by Seiko but with a very elegant and simple look, the Prospex SBDC033 is maybe the perfect choice for a gift. You can not go wrong with this watch as it will satisfy all needs.
The 23 Jewels movement will provide a great accuracy of only +25 to -15 seconds per day and comes in a 44m case.
- Seiko 23 jewel automatic (6R15) movement
- 50-hour power reserve
- +25 to -15 seconds per day
- 44mm x 13.3mm thick
15. Seiko Men's SNK809 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Black Canvas Strap
Of course, no top Seiko watch list can be done without the classic Seiko 5 which might be the best choice out there for a quality automatic watch under $100. It will provide you with a 40-hours power reserve.
This SNK809 Seiko 5 Automatic is a fairly small watch measuring 37mm in case size and 11mm in case thickness. The water resistance is only at 30mm but this will not be your regular scuba watch! You will be able to find a lot of color variations for this watch such as black, blue, green and others!
- 37 mm stainless steel case
- Automatic 21 Jewels movement
- 40 hours of power reserve
Find the perfect Seiko watch with Vintage Radar
We hope that you have enjoyed our Top 15 Best Seiko Watches for Men and have learned a little about the brand. Buying a watch is a great investment in yourself and which might also hold or grow in value over time. Make sure to contact us if you have any questions or need some advice.
We hope this guide has been insightful for you. If you have any questions or need help choosing a vintage watch from our platform, don't hesitate to contact us or leave us a comment below.